How do I complete in-person license renewal in California? California
Renew License in Person
- Make an appointment online or by phone at the DMV office of your choice to renew a driver license in person. It’s not required, but it’s quicker.
- Fill out a Driver License Application Form (DL 44) or take in your DMV renewal notice.
- Allow a thumb print.
- Get your photo taken.
- Pass the vision test.
From time to time, California drivers must retake the written exam. The renewal notice tells you whether or not you must do this.
The good news is, you must only answer the first 18 questions and can ignore the rest. You have to get 15 correct. What else you need to know:
- The DMV gives you three tries to pass.
- You must take the test prior to 4:30 p.m.
- If you need an audio test, call and ask for it prior to coming in.
There’s no penalty or fee for having an expired drivers license; the procedure for renewal is the same. But if you get pulled over, you’ll be ticketed.
Most of the time, you can still renew a driver license if you have a traffic ticket. If you never paid a citation, did not appear court appropriately, or have a suspended license, you will not be able to renew the driver license until you get these matters cleaned up.
Post Comment for "How do I complete in-person license renewal in California?"
To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.
How would you rate this answer?
Thank you for rating this answer.