Does vehicle registration in Florida require any kind of inspection? Florida

Yes, in some cases. Please see below for details.

Vehicle Identification Number Inspection

All used motor vehicles without a current Florida title must pass a vehicle identification number (VIN) inspection in order to complete the vehicle registration process.

You will need to obtain the VIN inspection form from the FL DHSMV, but the inspection may be completed by a variety of officials, including a police officer from any state, any licensed motor vehicle dealer, a Florida tax collector employee, or a Florida notary public. Bring the completed register car VIN inspection form to the tax collector's office.

Smog Check/Emissions Testing

Smog and high car emissions levels can still be a problem in parts of the Sunshine State, but the state ended its emissions testing program in 2000. So, you don't have to contend with a smog check during the car registration or the registration renewal process.

Visitor Comments

No visitor comments posted. Post a comment

Post Comment for "Does vehicle registration in Florida require any kind of inspection?"

To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.

User Opinions

No users have voted.

How would you rate this answer?

Thank you for rating this answer.

Continue (the Site) is a privately owned, for-profit Web site owned by OnlineGURU, Inc. The Site specifically disclaims any and all connection with any state bureau, division, or Department of Motor Vehicles, or any state or federal government agency. does its best to get the correct information but does not claim responsibility for the accuracy of the information displayed herein. It is not complete or certified information. The information provided on is not legal advice, is not a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. Additionally, the Site expressly disclaims any and all liability for third party links or resources on the Site and any claims of negligence arising from same. For official information, please consult your state motor vehicle department.