Last Updated 31st of March, 2010
What is the car registration fee in New York? New York
New York Register Car FeesThere is no set car registration fee. This pertains to both first time vehicle registration and registration renewal. New York bases its registration fees on a vehicle's weight. So depending on the weight of your vehicle you could face a fee ranging from $26 to $140.
In addition, other possible registration fees include:
- Standard license plate fee - $15 (specialized plates cost more; only pay when registering your vehicle for the first time)
- Title fee - $50 (only pay when registering your vehicle for the first time)
- Vehicle Use tax - $10 to $30, depending on where your live
- Sales tax - Only required when registering your vehicle for the first time
- Telephone DMV registration renewal fee - $5, only when renewing by phone
Inspection and Emissions Testing FeesIn order to renew your NY registration, you will need to conform with the state's annual inspection and smog check requirements. You won't, however, need to provide proof. The DMV will have your inspection (safety and smog) information on file. If it has no inspection record of your vehicle, you will not be allowed to renew your registration.
New York's inspection and emission fees are as follows:
- Safety inspection - $10
- Emissions test - $11 or $27 if you live in the New York metropolitan area.
No visitor comments posted. Post a comment
Post Comment for "What is the car registration fee in New York?"
To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.
0% 100% (1 vote)
How would you rate this answer?
Thank you for rating this answer.