What is the car registration fee in North Carolina? North Carolina
Car Registration Fees
The car registration fee in NC is $28, for either a first-time DMV registration or registration renewal. However, individual counties may charge additional fees to cover their vehicle registration costs.
There are no late fees, but you will get a traffic ticket if you get pulled over with an unregistered vehicle.
Emissions Testing and Safety Inspection
Before you can register car, you must get a safety inspection. Those new to the state may skip this inspection for their first-time registration.
Note these important points about smog and emissions checks:
- 48 counties also require a smog check in addition to a safety inspection.
- Smog fees vary from $6.25 to $30, which usually includes the safety inspection fee.
- The safety inspection fee is $13.25.
- You do not have to get the safety and smog checks before your first registration.
- Go to an inspection station authorized by the North Carolina DMV. The station files your test electronically.
Post Comment for "What is the car registration fee in North Carolina?"
To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.
How would you rate this answer?
Thank you for rating this answer.