What if I did not receive a NC registration renewal notice? North Carolina
Registration Renewal Without a Notice
You have a few choices if you did not get a North Carolina car registration renewal notice. You can:
- Phone (919) 715-7000 and ask for a new renewal notice to be sent out.
- Complete vehicle registration online, if you have your insurance number, license plate, title number, and address.
- Go to an office and finish the DMV registration.
NC does not charge extra for registering your car late, but you’ll be subject to fines if you are caught driving with an expired car registration.
Before you try to register car, check to see if you live in one of the 48 counties requiring an emissions and smog check on the DMV website. If you do, go get a smog check.
- Emissions testing is performed at authorized service stations around the state. They report the results directly to the DMV.
- These stations also perform the annual safety inspection, which is done at the same time as the smog check.
Post Comment for "What if I did not receive a NC registration renewal notice?"
To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.
How would you rate this answer?
Thank you for rating this answer.