How do I obtain duplicate PA car registration to replace one that is lost or damaged?

Pennsylvania Duplicate Registration

If your car registration is lost, stolen or damaged, obtaining a replacement is a snap. Fill out Form MV-44, available at the PennDOT website. It's called the "Application for Duplicate Registration, Replacement of Registration Plate, Renewal Sticker or Weight Class Sticker or Transfer of Registration."

The fee in PA for a duplicate vehicle registration is $1.50 if you ask for the duplicate when applying for the original, or $4.50 any time thereafter. It's $7.50 to replace a registration sticker or plate.

Pennsylvania Vehicle Registration

The process of renewing a vehicle registration through PennDOT is fairly simple, so make sure to keep current and legal. Change of address and registration renewal are readily accomplished online through the PennDOT website with a few basic pieces of information—such as your title number, license plate number, insurance information, and drivers license number—plus a valid credit card to pay your fees. Always register car, renew your registration, and replace a damaged or lost registration in a timley manner to avoid penalties.

Visitor Comments

No visitor comments posted. Post a comment

Post Comment for "How do I obtain duplicate PA car registration to replace one that is lost or damaged?"

To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.

User Opinions

50% thumbs up 50% thumbs down (2 votes)

How would you rate this answer?

Thank you for rating this answer.

Continue (the Site) is a privately owned, for-profit Web site owned by OnlineGURU, Inc. The Site specifically disclaims any and all connection with any state bureau, division, or Department of Motor Vehicles, or any state or federal government agency. does its best to get the correct information but does not claim responsibility for the accuracy of the information displayed herein. It is not complete or certified information. The information provided on is not legal advice, is not a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. Additionally, the Site expressly disclaims any and all liability for third party links or resources on the Site and any claims of negligence arising from same. For official information, please consult your state motor vehicle department.