How do I make a correction or name change to an existing auto title in FL? Florida

Fortunately for you, both are pretty simple to accomplish.

FL Title Name Change Procedure

To change your name on an auto title, do the following:

  1. Complete a Florida title application form.
  2. Find the original car title.
  3. Find proof of your name change (marriage certificate, divorce decree, court order).
  4. Go to a tax collector's office or license plate agency with the paperwork.
  5. Pay the $75.25 fee.

You're not required to put your new name on the title following a divorce, marriage, or other reason; it's fine to keep the title as is with your former name.

FL Title Correction Procedure

Just take the following steps:

  1. Find the title.
  2. The person whose name is being added or deleted to the title must sign the title.
  3. The original party whose name appears on the title must sign the title (if more than one name appears on the title and the names are joined with an "and" then both parties must sign the title).
  4. Visit a tax collector's office or license plate agency with the title.
  5. Complete a title transfer form.
  6. Pay the $75.25 fee.

You don't need a bill of sale form to change your name or make corrections on Florida vehicle titles.

Visitor Comments

No visitor comments posted. Post a comment

Post Comment for "How do I make a correction or name change to an existing auto title in FL?"

To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.

User Opinions

No users have voted.

How would you rate this answer?

Thank you for rating this answer.

Continue (the Site) is a privately owned, for-profit Web site owned by OnlineGURU, Inc. The Site specifically disclaims any and all connection with any state bureau, division, or Department of Motor Vehicles, or any state or federal government agency. does its best to get the correct information but does not claim responsibility for the accuracy of the information displayed herein. It is not complete or certified information. The information provided on is not legal advice, is not a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. Additionally, the Site expressly disclaims any and all liability for third party links or resources on the Site and any claims of negligence arising from same. For official information, please consult your state motor vehicle department.