Last Updated 9th of April, 2010
When gifting a car, what is required to transfer the title in FL? Florida
Although it might seem like this sort of a title transfer would involve a complicated procedure, it doesn't. Just follow the steps below for gifting a vehicle in Florida.
FL Car Title Gifting Process
- Obtain a bill of sale form (available through the FL DHSMV).
- Complete the form, using "gift" as the sales price.
- Get the vehicle's title.
- Have the title owner fill in the odometer reading and write "gift" in the sales price section.
- Complete the rest of the title sections for buyer and seller.
- Have both the buyer and seller sign and date the title.
- Take the bill of sale, acceptable proof of insurance, and title to a tax collector's office.
- Complete the title application form.
- Pay the $75.25 title fee.
No visitor comments posted. Post a comment
Post Comment for "When gifting a car, what is required to transfer the title in FL?"
To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.
100% 0% (1 vote)
How would you rate this answer?
Thank you for rating this answer.