Last Updated 9th of April, 2010
When gifting a car, what is required to transfer the title in FL? Florida
Although it might seem like this sort of a title transfer would involve a complicated procedure, it doesn't. Just follow the steps below for gifting a vehicle in Florida.
FL Car Title Gifting Process
- Obtain a bill of sale form (available through the FL DHSMV).
- Complete the form, using "gift" as the sales price.
- Get the vehicle's title.
- Have the title owner fill in the odometer reading and write "gift" in the sales price section.
- Complete the rest of the title sections for buyer and seller.
- Have both the buyer and seller sign and date the title.
- Take the bill of sale, acceptable proof of insurance, and title to a tax collector's office.
- Complete the title application form.
- Pay the $75.25 title fee.
No visitor comments posted. Post a comment
Post Comment for "When gifting a car, what is required to transfer the title in FL?"
To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.
No users have voted.
How would you rate this answer?
Thank you for rating this answer.