When gifting a car, what is required to transfer the title in FL? Florida

Although it might seem like this sort of a title transfer would involve a complicated procedure, it doesn't. Just follow the steps below for gifting a vehicle in Florida.

FL Car Title Gifting Process

  1. Obtain a bill of sale form (available through the FL DHSMV).
  2. Complete the form, using "gift" as the sales price.
  3. Get the vehicle's title.
  4. Have the title owner fill in the odometer reading and write "gift" in the sales price section.
  5. Complete the rest of the title sections for buyer and seller.
  6. Have both the buyer and seller sign and date the title.
  7. Take the bill of sale, acceptable proof of insurance, and title to a tax collector's office.
  8. Complete the title application form.
  9. Pay the $75.25 title fee.
For more information about these sorts of gifts and titles, contact the DHSMV at (850) 617-2000.

Visitor Comments

No visitor comments posted. Post a comment

Post Comment for "When gifting a car, what is required to transfer the title in FL?"

To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.

User Opinions

100% thumbs up 0% thumbs down (4 votes)

How would you rate this answer?

Thank you for rating this answer.

DMVAnswers.com (the Site) is a privately owned, for-profit Web site owned by OnlineGURU, Inc. The Site specifically disclaims any and all connection with any state bureau, division, or Department of Motor Vehicles, or any state or federal government agency. DMVAnswers.com does its best to get the correct information but does not claim responsibility for the accuracy of the information displayed herein. It is not complete or certified information. The information provided on DMVAnswers.com is not legal advice, DMVAnswers.com is not a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. Additionally, the Site expressly disclaims any and all liability for third party links or resources on the Site and any claims of negligence arising from same. For official information, please consult your state motor vehicle department.