Last Updated 12th of April, 2010
How do you transfer vehicle titles to family in MA? Massachusetts
Title Transfers Between FamilyJust follow these steps to complete a title transfer between family members:
- Find the original auto title.
- Complete the required sections, including odometer reading, date, and sales price (write "gift" if applicable).
- Sign the car title in the designated spots.
- Complete a bill of sale (write "gift" in the sales price section if applicable).
- Complete a RMV-1 title application.
- Complete a sales tax exemption form MVU-26 if applicable (uncles, aunts, cousins, and grandparents are not exempt from the sales tax so they don't need to complete this form).
- Take the paperwork to a full-service RMV location.
- Pay the $75 title fee as well as any applicable sales tax.
No visitor comments posted. Post a comment
Post Comment for "How do you transfer vehicle titles to family in MA?"
To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.
No users have voted.
How would you rate this answer?
Thank you for rating this answer.