Last Updated 12th of April, 2010
When gifting a car, what is required to transfer the title in MA? Massachusetts
Gift Title TransferHere's how to handle a title transfer in a gifting situation:
- Complete sales tax exemption Form MVU-24 (available through the RMV). Not everyone is exempt, so be sure to talk with someone at your RMV location for details.
- Complete Form RMV-1 (available through your car insurance agent).
- Get the original car title.
- The original owner and new owner should complete the required information on the title, such as the sales price (write "gift"), odometer reading, and date.
- Sign in the designated areas.
- Bring the paperwork to a full-service RMV location.
- Pay the applicable title fees.
No visitor comments posted. Post a comment
Post Comment for "When gifting a car, what is required to transfer the title in MA?"
To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.
No users have voted.
How would you rate this answer?
Thank you for rating this answer.