How do I make a correction or name change to an existing auto title in GA? Georgia

Contact the Georgia (GA) Department of Revenue (DOR) if you need to correct information on your auto title. Data that you can correct on the title includes your name, address, and vehicle title assignment (i.e. lienholder information).

Making Assignment Changes to Georgia Auto Titles

If errors appear on your car title beyond an address or name change, gently write through the incorrect data. Complete Form T-11 (Application for Correction). The form is available for download at the DOR website.

Information that you will fill out on the application includes:

  • Make, model, and year of the auto.
  • Description of the error (i.e. typo, seller assigned the title to the wrong buyer).
Sign and date the application. Before you submit the completed application to the DOR, get the application notarized.

Complete Form T-107 (Odometer Discrepancy Affidavit) to correct the odometer reading on the title. To fill out this application:

  1. Write in the auto seller’s name and address.
  2. Fill in the motor vehicle’s year, make, and model.
  3. Provide the vehicle identification number (VIN).
  4. Include the correct odometer reading for the motor vehicle.
Both the seller and the buyer must sign and date the application. The application must also be notarized.

Changing Your Name and Address on a Georgia Title

To update your name or address on one or more titles, complete Form MV-1 (Title and Tag Application). This is the same form that you completed when you originally titled your auto in GA.

On the application, provide information such as:

  • Vehicle identification number.
  • Date the auto was purchased.
  • Emissions testing certificate number.
  • Your first and last names and street mailing address.
Pay the $10 auto title change fee. Make your check or money order out to the GA Department of Revenue.

It is important to keep a correct auto title on file with the DOR. Accurate data on an auto title makes it easier to complete the title transfer process should you sell your vehicle in the future.

Visitor Comments

No visitor comments posted. Post a comment

Post Comment for "How do I make a correction or name change to an existing auto title in GA?"

To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.

User Opinions

No users have voted.

How would you rate this answer?

Thank you for rating this answer.

Continue (the Site) is a privately owned, for-profit Web site owned by OnlineGURU, Inc. The Site specifically disclaims any and all connection with any state bureau, division, or Department of Motor Vehicles, or any state or federal government agency. does its best to get the correct information but does not claim responsibility for the accuracy of the information displayed herein. It is not complete or certified information. The information provided on is not legal advice, is not a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. Additionally, the Site expressly disclaims any and all liability for third party links or resources on the Site and any claims of negligence arising from same. For official information, please consult your state motor vehicle department.