Last Updated 6th of August, 2010
How do you transfer vehicle titles to family in GA? Georgia
In the state of Georgia, you can transfer an auto title to an immediate family member (parent, child, spouse, sibling, or grandparent) by doing the following:
- Sign and date the title, and have the new owner do the same.
- Record the odometer reading, if the vehicle is 10 years old or newer.
- Have the title signed by a notary.
- Have the vehicle inspected, if you live in one of the counties listed below.
- Complete a Title/Tag Application.
- Submit all documents, and the $18 title transfer fee, to the County Tax Commissioner’s tag office.
Counties Requiring Vehicle Inspection
Vehicle Registration After Title TransferAfter the car title is successfully transferred, the new owner must register the vehicle under the proper name and obtain new license plates. Old license plates cannot be transferred with titles in Georgia.
Transferring Titles for Other Family MembersIf you are transferring a title to extended family, you must follow the general procedure for a title transfer, not specific to family.
No visitor comments posted. Post a comment
Post Comment for "How do you transfer vehicle titles to family in GA?"
To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.
100% 0% (2 votes)
How would you rate this answer?
Thank you for rating this answer.