Last Updated 28th of July, 2010
What are the vehicle title fees in Texas? Texas
Texas Vehicle Title FeesThe Texas (TX) Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) requires residents to complete a vehicle title application within 20 days of purchasing a motor vehicle. Texans have up to 45 business days to title a used car if the seller is financing the vehicle.
Complete a car title application at a county tax office. Data that you will provide on the title application includes:
- Your first and last names.
- Street mailing address (including city, state, and zip code).
- Make, model, and year of the motor vehicle.
- Seller’s first and last names.
- Lienholder name and contact information (if the vehicle is being financed).
The DMV motor vehicle sales tax or fee is paid at local county tax offices. The title transfer fee is as follows:
- 6.25% the vehicle purchase price, or
- 6.25% of the standard presumptive value of the vehicle.
No visitor comments posted. Post a comment
Post Comment for "What are the vehicle title fees in Texas?"
To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.
No users have voted.
How would you rate this answer?
Thank you for rating this answer.