How do I replace lost or damaged FL license plate stickers, tabs or tags? Florida

Florida Car Tags Replacement

Obtaining replacements a fairly simple process.

Just complete the Application for Replacement License Plate, Validation Decal, or Parking Permit. You can find it online at the DHSMV site. Then, bring the completed form and your current vehicle registration to your local tax collector's office to be issued your replacements.

Replacement fees vary; contact the tax collector's office for more specific information. You won't have to pay a replacement fee if you've been cited by law enforcement, or if your license plates were stolen and you reported this to police.

If you have special license plates and they're not available through the tax collector's office, you'll need to mail your paperwork and payment (if applicable) to:

Division of Motor Vehicles
Direct Mail and Title Correction Service
MS #72
Neil Kirkman Building
Tallahassee, FL  32399

License Plate Reminder

Don't drive with missing plates, stickers, or an expired car registration or you could receive a traffic ticket and a fine.

Visitor Comments

No visitor comments posted. Post a comment

Post Comment for "How do I replace lost or damaged FL license plate stickers, tabs or tags?"

To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.

User Opinions

No users have voted.

How would you rate this answer?

Thank you for rating this answer.

Continue (the Site) is a privately owned, for-profit Web site owned by OnlineGURU, Inc. The Site specifically disclaims any and all connection with any state bureau, division, or Department of Motor Vehicles, or any state or federal government agency. does its best to get the correct information but does not claim responsibility for the accuracy of the information displayed herein. It is not complete or certified information. The information provided on is not legal advice, is not a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. Additionally, the Site expressly disclaims any and all liability for third party links or resources on the Site and any claims of negligence arising from same. For official information, please consult your state motor vehicle department.