How do I renew my GA license plate stickers? Georgia
Cars Tags, License Plates, and Registration RenewalThe GA MVD will mail you a registration renewal form (sometimes referred to as a bill) in the mail before your car registration expiration date. It should be an easy date to remember, as it falls on your birthday. This form will explain everything you need to know, including fees and whether or not you are eligible to renew online (only a few Georgia counties offer online renewal) and how.
If online renewal is not an option, you must renew either by mail or in-person at your local tag office.
Here's what you'll need to submit:
- Your registration renewal notice. If you did not receive one, complete a Title/Tag Application (Form MV-1).
- Some counties may require a copy of your drivers license or Georgia identification card.
- A check made payable to "Office of the Tax Commissioner" to cover the car registration fee, ad valorem tax, $1 mailing fee and, if applicable, late fees and/or an annual special tag fee.
Arrive at your local tag office with:
- Your registration renewal notice. If you did not receive one, substitute with a completed Title/Tag Application (Form MV-1).
- Either your Georgia driver's license or Georgia identification card.
- Proof of Georgia liability insurance.
- Proof that your vehicle has passed an emissions inspection test (if applicable).
- Cash or a check or money order (a few counties accept credit cards) to pay the registration fee, ad valorem tax and, if applicable, late fees and/or annual special tag fee.
Be sure to renew on time. You will be fined and ticketed if caught driving without a valid vehicle registration tag on your license plate.
Post Comment for "How do I renew my GA license plate stickers?"
To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.
How would you rate this answer?
Thank you for rating this answer.