How do I renew my GA license plate stickers? Georgia

Cars Tags, License Plates, and Registration Renewal

The GA MVD will mail you a registration renewal form (sometimes referred to as a bill) in the mail before your car registration expiration date. It should be an easy date to remember, as it falls on your birthday. This form will explain everything you need to know, including fees and whether or not you are eligible to renew online (only a few Georgia counties offer online renewal) and how.

If online renewal is not an option, you must renew either by mail or in-person at your local tag office. 


Here's what you'll need to submit:

  • Your registration renewal notice. If you did not receive one, complete a Title/Tag Application (Form MV-1).
  • Some counties may require a copy of your drivers license or Georgia identification card.
  • A check made payable to "Office of the Tax Commissioner" to cover the car registration fee, ad valorem tax, $1 mailing fee and, if applicable, late fees and/or an annual special tag fee.

In Person

Arrive at your local tag office with:

  • Your registration renewal notice. If you did not receive one, substitute with a completed Title/Tag Application (Form MV-1).
  • Either your Georgia driver's license or Georgia identification card.
  • Proof of Georgia liability insurance.
  • Proof that your vehicle has passed an emissions inspection test (if applicable).
  • Cash or a check or money order (a few counties accept credit cards) to pay the registration fee, ad valorem tax and, if applicable, late fees and/or annual special tag fee.

Be sure to renew on time. You will be fined and ticketed if caught driving without a valid vehicle registration tag on your license plate.

Visitor Comments

No visitor comments posted. Post a comment

Post Comment for "How do I renew my GA license plate stickers?"

To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.

User Opinions

0% thumbs up 100% thumbs down (1 vote)

How would you rate this answer?

Thank you for rating this answer.

Continue (the Site) is a privately owned, for-profit Web site owned by OnlineGURU, Inc. The Site specifically disclaims any and all connection with any state bureau, division, or Department of Motor Vehicles, or any state or federal government agency. does its best to get the correct information but does not claim responsibility for the accuracy of the information displayed herein. It is not complete or certified information. The information provided on is not legal advice, is not a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. Additionally, the Site expressly disclaims any and all liability for third party links or resources on the Site and any claims of negligence arising from same. For official information, please consult your state motor vehicle department.