How do I replace lost or damaged NC license plate stickers, tabs or tags? North Carolina
Replacing License Plates or Stickers/Tabs/Tags
- Make an appointment at a DMV (Vehicle and Plate Renewal) office.
- Fill out Form MV-18, Application for Replacement of Plate or Sticker, available at the NC DMV Web site.
- Show your proof of insurance.
- Pay a $15 fee, plus a notary fee (determined at the office).
Replacing a License Plate from Out of State
If you’re living out of North Carolina, you can still get a replacement plate before your vehicle registration is due again. Just:
- Complete MV-18, Application for Replacement of Plate or Sticker, downloadable from the NC DMV website. Make sure it lists your vehicle information.
- Get the form notarized.
- Send the form and $15 to:
3148 Mail Service Center
Raleigh, NC 27699-3148
Reporting a Stolen Plate or Sticker
Go to the Vehicle Plate and Renewal DMV office to report stolen license plates.
Post Comment for "How do I replace lost or damaged NC license plate stickers, tabs or tags?"
To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.
How would you rate this answer?
Thank you for rating this answer.