How do I replace lost or damaged PA license plate stickers, tabs or tags? Pennsylvania

Pennsylvania License Plates

If your license plate stickers are lost, defaced, or stolen, or even if you never receive your renewal tabs in the mail, the process is the same. Go to the PennDOT Web site and fill out Form MV-44. It's called the "Application for Duplicate Registration, Replacement of Registration Plate, Renewal Sticker or Weight Class Sticker or Transfer of Registration." Quite a title, but the information required is fairly straightforward.

The fee to replace your renewal car tags in PA is $7.50.

Pennsylvania Vehicle Registration

License plates are tied to vehicle registration in PA, so make sure to keep yours current. The process of renewing your registration online is quick easy through PennDOT. Visit the Web site with some key bits of information at hand—title number, drivers license number, plate number, insurance policy number and effective dates—and follow the instructions. You can pay the $36 fee with a valid credit card, and your renewal car registration should arrive in the mail, with renewal stickers, within 10 business days.

Visitor Comments

No visitor comments posted. Post a comment

Post Comment for "How do I replace lost or damaged PA license plate stickers, tabs or tags?"

To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.

User Opinions

0% thumbs up 100% thumbs down (1 vote)

How would you rate this answer?

Thank you for rating this answer.

Continue (the Site) is a privately owned, for-profit Web site owned by OnlineGURU, Inc. The Site specifically disclaims any and all connection with any state bureau, division, or Department of Motor Vehicles, or any state or federal government agency. does its best to get the correct information but does not claim responsibility for the accuracy of the information displayed herein. It is not complete or certified information. The information provided on is not legal advice, is not a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. Additionally, the Site expressly disclaims any and all liability for third party links or resources on the Site and any claims of negligence arising from same. For official information, please consult your state motor vehicle department.