How do I apply for a Hazmat endorsement in Florida? Florida

The road to obtaining your hazardous materials (HAZMAT) endorsement on your CDL is a bit complicated, but here are the details.

HAZMAT CDL Written Test

You'll need to pass a written test to gain your HAZMAT endorsement; this is addition to the basic written test given to anyone applying for a commercial license. Those who pass this test must pay a $5 fee to add the HAZMAT endorsement to their license.

CDL Practice Test

One smart way to prepare for your HAZMAT test is to take a couple CDL practice tests. Like taking any other kind of practice CDL test, doing so will reinforce the information in your mind, and show you where additional studying may be needed.

HAZMAT CDL Background Test

Each CDL driver trying to obtain a HAZMAT endorsement must also pass a background test, which includes being fingerprinted.

You'll need to complete a HAZMAT application form first, and then get your fingerprints taken at a Florida driver's license office when you turn in your application. You can obtain the form at the office or through the FL DHSMV site. The background exam costs $91.

If you pass the background and written tests, you'll receive a new license in the mail that contains your HAZMAT endorsement; this applies no matter what CDL class license you possess.

Visitor Comments

No visitor comments posted. Post a comment

Post Comment for "How do I apply for a Hazmat endorsement in Florida?"

To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.

User Opinions

No users have voted.

How would you rate this answer?

Thank you for rating this answer.

Continue (the Site) is a privately owned, for-profit Web site owned by OnlineGURU, Inc. The Site specifically disclaims any and all connection with any state bureau, division, or Department of Motor Vehicles, or any state or federal government agency. does its best to get the correct information but does not claim responsibility for the accuracy of the information displayed herein. It is not complete or certified information. The information provided on is not legal advice, is not a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. Additionally, the Site expressly disclaims any and all liability for third party links or resources on the Site and any claims of negligence arising from same. For official information, please consult your state motor vehicle department.