Last Updated 25th of April, 2010
How do I apply for a PA CDL driver permit? Pennsylvania
Obtaining Your PA CDL PermitOkay, here's what you need to do to obtain a CDL permit:
- Visit any PennDOT location and grab a Pennsylvania Commercial Driver's License Manual. Study this manual. Every question on the CDL test (a general knowledge exam you must take to get your CDL driver permit) is based on information contained in the manual, including space management, vehicle inspections, and turning in intersections. When you think you're ready to pass the learners permit test, take a CDL practice test. These can be found online. Take as many as needed until you feel test-certain.
- Complete a Commercial Learner's Permit Application (Form DL-31CD).
- A completed Commercial Learner's Permit Application.
- A current Pennsylvania driver's license.
- Proof of identity and residency.
- Your Social Security card.
- Original documents if your name has changed due to divorce, marriage, or court order.
- A check or money order payable to "PennDOT" to pay a $73 permit/CDL fee, or $88 if you're applying for a permit and a HAZMAT endorsement. Cash will not be accepted.
You must hold your drivers permit for 30 days before you can make an appointment for a CDL road test, the final step in obtaining a PA commercial license.
No visitor comments posted. Post a comment
Post Comment for "How do I apply for a PA CDL driver permit?"
To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.
No users have voted.
How would you rate this answer?
Thank you for rating this answer.