How do I apply for a Hazmat endorsement in Massachusetts? Massachusetts

CDL HAZMAT Endorsement Application Steps

Here's what you need to do get your hazardous materials (HAZMAT) endorsement.

  1. Complete the Transportation Security Administration's Security Background Check.
  2. Go to a full-service MA RMV office.
  3. Pass a HAZMAT test (written exam).
  4. Pay your fees.

Keep in mind it can take up to a month to process your background check results, and this must be completed before you apply for your HAZMAT endorsement. The background check costs about $90. This applies to each CDL class license.

If you have any more questions about obtaining your HAZMAT endorsement - or about other commercial license matters - give the Massachusetts RMV a call at (617) 351-4500.

CDL Practice Test

Try preparing for your HAZMAT exam by testing your knowledge with some CDL practice tests. As a CDL driver, these provide a reliable reading of how ready you are for the CDL test, and can indicate if more studying is required. These also enhance your chance of passing the HAZMAT CDL test on your first attempt.

Visitor Comments

No visitor comments posted. Post a comment

Post Comment for "How do I apply for a Hazmat endorsement in Massachusetts?"

To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.

User Opinions

No users have voted.

How would you rate this answer?

Thank you for rating this answer.

Continue (the Site) is a privately owned, for-profit Web site owned by OnlineGURU, Inc. The Site specifically disclaims any and all connection with any state bureau, division, or Department of Motor Vehicles, or any state or federal government agency. does its best to get the correct information but does not claim responsibility for the accuracy of the information displayed herein. It is not complete or certified information. The information provided on is not legal advice, is not a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. Additionally, the Site expressly disclaims any and all liability for third party links or resources on the Site and any claims of negligence arising from same. For official information, please consult your state motor vehicle department.