What are some sample California CDL test questions? California
CDL Written Test
The CDL written test consists of:
- A main test on general rules of the road for commercial vehicles.
- Specific questions for your CDL class.
- Specific questions for the endorsements you’ll receive.
A CDL practice exam allows you to take a version of the real test; it’s based on the same material. If you pass a practice test, you’re likely to pass the actual test. The CA DMV has sample test questions on its website. You can also buy an additional test. At $10-$15 for 50-100 questions, it’s a good value compared to the cost of retaking tests.
Studying the California CDL handbook is also important, even if you take a practice test.
One you’re ready, schedule an appointment at a CA DMV office to apply for a commercial license and take the written tests.
CDL Driving Test
Part two of becoming a CDL driver is taking a road test. Alternately, if your employer or school is qualified to do so, they will give you a Certificate of Driving Skill (DL 170) so you don’t have to take the road test. You will have to show this to the DMV to get a regular, non-permit CDL.
If you do have to take the road test, you must make an appointment at a CA CDL office. While you wait for your date:
- Read the manual to see what you’ll be tested on.
- Prepare for your pre-trip inspection by doing a run-through.
- Practice your skills by driving with another CDL driver. This driver must have a CDL of the type you’re going to get. For example, if you have a learner CDL to get a school bus endorsement, you must practice with a licensed school bus driver, not someone who drives refrigerated trucks.
If you fail this test, you get two more tries, but you’ll have to reschedule the appointment. Retests cost $30.
Post Comment for "What are some sample California CDL test questions?"
To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.
How would you rate this answer?
Thank you for rating this answer.