How do I replace a commercial license in Pennsylvania? Pennsylvania

Replacing a Lost Pennsylvania Commercial License

If your Pennsylvania commercial license has gone missing, you'll need to act fast in replacing it. Any CDL driver who gets pulled over and cannot produce his or her CDL risks getting a ticket and possibly having to pay fines.

Regardless of your CDL class, it’s doubtful you’ll have to take a CDL test just to replace your commercial license. Generally, to replace you have two options: in person or by mail.

In Person

Visit any Driver License Center with the following:
  • A completed Application for a Replacement (Form DL-80CD). You can download this from the PennDOT website.
  • Proper identification.
  • Payment for a $12 replacement fee.
You shouldn’t have to make an appointment to replace your CDL in person, but you might want to call ahead to check hours of operation and find out when the best (read: least busy) times are.


To apply for a replace your lost license via mail, send the above documents and payment to:

P.O. Box 68272
Harrisburg, PA 17106-8272

When submitting by mail, send a check or money order payable to "PennDOT."

If your picture is on file, you'll receive a duplicate CDL with your current photo. If no picture exists, you'll be mailed a camera card. You'll then need to take this to a photo center for a duplicate commercial license.

Though not required, it's always prudent to contact the police if you know or think your CDL was stolen.

Visitor Comments

No visitor comments posted. Post a comment

Post Comment for "How do I replace a commercial license in Pennsylvania?"

To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.

User Opinions

No users have voted.

How would you rate this answer?

Thank you for rating this answer.

Continue (the Site) is a privately owned, for-profit Web site owned by OnlineGURU, Inc. The Site specifically disclaims any and all connection with any state bureau, division, or Department of Motor Vehicles, or any state or federal government agency. does its best to get the correct information but does not claim responsibility for the accuracy of the information displayed herein. It is not complete or certified information. The information provided on is not legal advice, is not a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. Additionally, the Site expressly disclaims any and all liability for third party links or resources on the Site and any claims of negligence arising from same. For official information, please consult your state motor vehicle department.