Last Updated 29th of April, 2010
What must I check during pre trip inspection for my MA CDL test? Massachusetts
CDL Inspection ChecklistBeing a CDL driver is a dangerous job. That's why you must take so many precautions before even pulling out onto the road. Here's an idea of what tasks you might be expected to complete as part of your pre trip inspection.
- Walk around the vehicle and observe the general condition of the truck.
- Inspect the engine compartment.
- Verify the parking brake is on.
- Check oil gauges, air pressure, tire pressure, and other readings.
- Confirm the condition of the controls.
- Examine all mirrors, as well as the windshield.
- Make sure the emergency equipment is intact.
- Test the headlights, side lights, and signal lights.
- Check for hydraulic and other leaks.
When to Make an AppointmentYou can't make an appointment for the written tests, but you'll need an appointment for your road test or driving test. Call the MA RMV at (617) 351-4500 or (800) 858-3926 to set the appointment, but wait until you have your CDL learner's permit.
Benefits of a CDL Practice TestIt's a good idea to prepare yourself for the official written test by taking a few CDL practice tests. These tests can point out your CDL knowledge shortcomings so you'll be ready for whatever questions are asked on the Massachusetts commercial license test.
No visitor comments posted. Post a comment
Post Comment for "What must I check during pre trip inspection for my MA CDL test?"
To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.
No users have voted.
How would you rate this answer?
Thank you for rating this answer.