What holidays is the DMV closed?

Most DMV offices are closed or have special holiday hours in recognition of all major state and federal holidays including, but not limited to:

  • New Year’s Day (perhaps closed or with special holiday hours during New Year’s Eve)
  • Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
  • Presidents’ Day
  • Good Friday
  • Memorial Day
  • Independence Day
  • Labor Day
  • Election Day
  • Veterans’ Day
  • Thanksgiving Day
  • Christmas Day (perhaps closed or with special holiday hours during Christmas Eve)

Of course, not every DMV office recognizes the same holidays (in terms of being days to close, that is); some DMV branches recognize holidays specific to their states and some motor vehicle agencies even provide special self-service stations that remain open. It’s best to check your nearest DMV office’s holiday schedule before heading out.

Visitor Comments

No visitor comments posted. Post a comment

Post Comment for "What holidays is the DMV closed?"

To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.

User Opinions

50% thumbs up 50% thumbs down (4 votes)

How would you rate this answer?

Thank you for rating this answer.

DMVAnswers.com (the Site) is a privately owned, for-profit Web site owned by OnlineGURU, Inc. The Site specifically disclaims any and all connection with any state bureau, division, or Department of Motor Vehicles, or any state or federal government agency. DMVAnswers.com does its best to get the correct information but does not claim responsibility for the accuracy of the information displayed herein. It is not complete or certified information. The information provided on DMVAnswers.com is not legal advice, DMVAnswers.com is not a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. Additionally, the Site expressly disclaims any and all liability for third party links or resources on the Site and any claims of negligence arising from same. For official information, please consult your state motor vehicle department.