How do I apply for a FL motorcycle license if I am younger than 18? Florida

Motorcycle License Procedure (Younger Than 18)

To get your Florida motorcycle license in this age range, just follow the steps outlined below:

  1. Pass a written motorcycle test (see below).
  2. Get your motorcycle permit.
  3. Keep your permit for at least 12 months.
  4. Successfully complete a FL-approved motorcycle safety course (i.e., motorcycle driver training or drivers ed).
  5. Pass a motorcycle riding test.
  6. Obtain your motorcycle drivers license.

Take a Motorcycle Practice Test

It's a good idea to prepare for your written test by taking a few practice tests. You can take these tests from a variety of sources. They do an excellent job of showing you how ready you are for the official test, and can point out deficiencies in your overall motorcycle knowledge.

Have any other questions regarding motorcycles or other driver license issues? Contact the FL DHSMV at (850) 617-2000.

Visitor Comments

No visitor comments posted. Post a comment

Post Comment for "How do I apply for a FL motorcycle license if I am younger than 18?"

To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.

User Opinions

0% thumbs up 100% thumbs down (1 vote)

How would you rate this answer?

Thank you for rating this answer.

Continue (the Site) is a privately owned, for-profit Web site owned by OnlineGURU, Inc. The Site specifically disclaims any and all connection with any state bureau, division, or Department of Motor Vehicles, or any state or federal government agency. does its best to get the correct information but does not claim responsibility for the accuracy of the information displayed herein. It is not complete or certified information. The information provided on is not legal advice, is not a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. Additionally, the Site expressly disclaims any and all liability for third party links or resources on the Site and any claims of negligence arising from same. For official information, please consult your state motor vehicle department.