Last Updated 8th of May, 2010
What are the GA permit restrictions after I pass the motorcycle permit test? Georgia
Georgia Motorcycle Permit RestrictionsAfter you obtain a motorcycle permit, you'll be restricted to:
- No riding with passengers.
- No riding at night; daylight hours only.
- No riding on limited access roadways (such as interstates or expressways).
Applying for a GA Motorcycle PermitRemember, a permit is not required for obtaining a motorcycle license. The decision is yours. However, with a permit you will be allowed to make a road test appointment by phone. Otherwise, you can only test when your local Customer Service Center has a schedule opening.
Visit any Department of Driver Services (DDS) office (the same facility that handles regular driver license matters) with the following:
- Proper identification.
- A drivers ed completion certificate, if you're 16. The certificate must be from a DDS-approved driver training school. You cannot substitute a motorcycle safety course for drivers ed.
- Parental consent if you're younger than 18.
- A Certificate of Attendance (Form DS-1) if you're younger than 18.
- Cash or a check, money order, or credit card to pay a $10 motorcycle permit fee.
Studying for the Motorcycle TestThe general knowledge test consists of 20 questions. You must answer at least 15 correctly to pass. All of the questions are based directly on information covered in Georgia's motorcycle manual. You can grab a free copy from any DDS office or by downloading from the DDS website.
After studying the manual and learning all about safely and legally operating motorcycles on GA roads, you'll next want to take at least one practice test. These can be found online from a variety of websites.
Pass the test and you'll earn a Georgia motorcycle permit, valid for six months. To move on to your motorcycle drivers license, you can make an appointment for a driving test at any time by calling (866) 413-8400 if you live outside of metro Atlanta, or (678) 413-8400 if live within Atlanta. After dialing either number, select option four.
No visitor comments posted. Post a comment
Post Comment for "What are the GA permit restrictions after I pass the motorcycle permit test?"
To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.
100% 0% (1 vote)
How would you rate this answer?
Thank you for rating this answer.