Last Updated 18th of May, 2010
How do I complete motorcycle license renewal in Pennsylvania? Pennsylvania
Renewing Your Pennsylvania Motorcycle Drivers LicenseAbout two months before your motorcycle license expires, the PA Department of Transportation (PennDOT) will mail you a drivers license renewal notice. (That’s why you must make sure PennDot has your most current address.)
Renew License Fees
The renewal notice lists the renewal fee you’ll have to pay, which will be one of the following:
- Four-Year Renewal with Motorcycle: $48
- Two-Year Renewal with Motorcycle (for 65 and older): $27.50
Options for Motorcycle License RenewalYou can renew your motorcycle license in one of three ways:
- In person at any PennDot Authorized On-Line Messenger Service Center. (An extra fee for this third-party service will apply.)
- By Mail.
Messenger Service Center
To renew your motorcycle license in person, visit the PennDOT website and find the message service center nearest you. Call to confirm the center’s hours, the head out with:
- The renewal notice.
- Your old driver license.
- The applicable fee.
To renew online, visit the PennDOT online renewal website and have ready:
- Your driver license number.
- Your date of birth.
- The last four digits of your Social Security number.
- A major credit card to pay the fee.
To renew by mail, use the envelope included in with your renewal notice and send a check or money order for the fee listed.
Do this at least a month ahead of your expiration date. Riding motorcycles with an expired license is illegal. You may be fined by the state of Pennsylvania.
Dropping the M EndorsementIf you decide your motorcycle riding days are over:
- Write “DO NOT RENEW CLASS M” on the renewal notice.
- Subtract $20 off the renewal fee.
- Mail in your form.
No visitor comments posted. Post a comment
Post Comment for "How do I complete motorcycle license renewal in Pennsylvania?"
To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.
No users have voted.
How would you rate this answer?
Thank you for rating this answer.