How do I complete motorcycle license renewal in Pennsylvania? Pennsylvania

Renewing Your Pennsylvania Motorcycle Drivers License

About two months before your motorcycle license expires, the PA Department of Transportation (PennDOT) will mail you a drivers license renewal notice. (That’s why you must make sure PennDot has your most current address.)

Renew License Fees

The renewal notice lists the renewal fee you’ll have to pay, which will be one of the following:

  • Four-Year Renewal with Motorcycle: $48
  • Two-Year Renewal with Motorcycle (for 65 and older): $27.50

Options for Motorcycle License Renewal

You can renew your motorcycle license in one of three ways:

  1. In person at any PennDot Authorized On-Line Messenger Service Center. (An extra fee for this third-party service will apply.)
  2. Online.
  3. By Mail.

Messenger Service Center

To renew your motorcycle license in person, visit the PennDOT website and find the message service center nearest you. Call to confirm the center’s hours, the head out with:

  • The renewal notice.
  • Your old driver license.
  • The applicable fee.


To renew online, visit the PennDOT online renewal website and have ready:

  • Your driver license number.
  • Your date of birth.
  • The last four digits of your Social Security number.
  • A major credit card to pay the fee.

By Mail

To renew by mail, use the envelope included in with your renewal notice and send a check or money order for the fee listed.

Do this at least a month ahead of your expiration date. Riding motorcycles with an expired license is illegal. You may be fined by the state of Pennsylvania.

Dropping the M Endorsement

If you decide your motorcycle riding days are over:

  1. Write “DO NOT RENEW CLASS M” on the renewal notice.
  2. Subtract $20 off the renewal fee.
  3. Mail in your form.

Visitor Comments

No visitor comments posted. Post a comment

Post Comment for "How do I complete motorcycle license renewal in Pennsylvania?"

To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.

User Opinions

No users have voted.

How would you rate this answer?

Thank you for rating this answer.

Continue (the Site) is a privately owned, for-profit Web site owned by OnlineGURU, Inc. The Site specifically disclaims any and all connection with any state bureau, division, or Department of Motor Vehicles, or any state or federal government agency. does its best to get the correct information but does not claim responsibility for the accuracy of the information displayed herein. It is not complete or certified information. The information provided on is not legal advice, is not a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. Additionally, the Site expressly disclaims any and all liability for third party links or resources on the Site and any claims of negligence arising from same. For official information, please consult your state motor vehicle department.