How do I obtain motorcycle license plates in Florida? Florida

Florida Motorcycle Registration Process

To get a basic Florida motorcycle license plate, you need to go through the registration process. At the end of this, you'll be given a registration certificate, license plate, and validation decal.

In case you don't know how to register your cycle, here are the steps:

  1. Find the title.
  2. Get your proof of insurance card.
  3. Bring both documents to the county tax collector's office.
  4. Pay the registration fee.
Unfortunately, you can't use any of Florida's logo plates on your motorcycle because motorcycle plates are too small and can't adequately show the design.

As a reminder, don't go motorcycle riding with an expired license plate. If you do, you could get caught by law enforcement, and receive a ticket and hefty fine.

Call the FL DHSMV at (850) 617-2000 for more information about motorcycles and license plates.

Visitor Comments

No visitor comments posted. Post a comment

Post Comment for "How do I obtain motorcycle license plates in Florida?"

To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.

User Opinions

No users have voted.

How would you rate this answer?

Thank you for rating this answer.

Continue (the Site) is a privately owned, for-profit Web site owned by OnlineGURU, Inc. The Site specifically disclaims any and all connection with any state bureau, division, or Department of Motor Vehicles, or any state or federal government agency. does its best to get the correct information but does not claim responsibility for the accuracy of the information displayed herein. It is not complete or certified information. The information provided on is not legal advice, is not a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. Additionally, the Site expressly disclaims any and all liability for third party links or resources on the Site and any claims of negligence arising from same. For official information, please consult your state motor vehicle department.