Last Updated 13th of May, 2010
How do I complete a motorcycle title transfer to change ownership in FL? Florida
Florida Motorcycle Title Transfer ProcessThe title transfer process in Florida is the same for both motorcycles and cars. So, here are the basic steps if you're attempting to obtain a title for your motorcycle from another individual:
- Be sure the seller has the title.
- Have the seller fill in the appropriate sections, such as the odometer reading and sales price.
- Both you and the seller must sign and date the title.
- Locate your insurance card.
- Bring the title and insurance card to a tax collector's office.
- Complete a title transfer application form (available at the office).
- Pay the title fee ($75.25 in most cases).
You can also process this transaction through the mail by sending all the required documents and your payment to your FL county tax collector's office.
Don't forget to register your motorcycle, too.
No visitor comments posted. Post a comment
Post Comment for "How do I complete a motorcycle title transfer to change ownership in FL?"
To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.
No users have voted.
How would you rate this answer?
Thank you for rating this answer.