Last Updated 25th of May, 2010
How do I obtain motorcycle license plates in Georgia? Georgia
Obtaining a GA License Plate for Your MotorcycleIn order to keep your motorcycle riding legal, you must maintain a current license plate at all times. In the state of Georgia, motorcycle license plates are obtained during regular motorcycle registration or by submitting the following documents and fees to the Motor Vehicle Division (MVD), care of the Special Tags Unit:
Submissions for Independent Owners
- A completed MV-6 Application. This application can completed electronically on the MVD website, or printed and completed by hand in blue or black ink. Take note that signatures cannot be submitted electronically; documents submitted to the MVD must include the owner’s legible, handwritten signature in order to be processed.
- If this is your first tag, also known as your “master tag,” a tag fee of $62 must be submitted. For additional license plates and replacement tags, a fee of $12 per tag is required.
Additional Submissions for Motorcycle Dealers
- Franchise owners must submit a fee of $25 annually to the MVD. All fees are payable by cash, check, or money order the GA Department of Revenue; however, cash will not be accepted through the mail.
- If you are a franchise owner dealing in motorcycles for the first time, you must also submit a copy of your sales tax certificate, as issued by the GA Department of Revenue, Sales and Use Tax Division.
- Independent motorcycle dealers - to include motorcycle brokers, pawnbrokers, and leasing agents - must submit a copy of their sales tax certificate, as well as a copy of their current license, as issued by the Georgia Board of Registration of Used Motor Vehicle Dealers.
Where to Submit
All documents and required fees must be submitted to the MVD, Special Tags Unit. In-person submissions are made at the following address:
Special Tags Window
Motor Vehicle Division
1200 Tradeport Blvd.
Submissions by mail should be addressed as follows:
Attention Special Tags Unit
Motor Vehicle Division
P. O. Box 740381
Atlanta, GA 30374-0381
No visitor comments posted. Post a comment
Post Comment for "How do I obtain motorcycle license plates in Georgia?"
To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.
No users have voted.
How would you rate this answer?
Thank you for rating this answer.