What are the ID card fees in CA? California

California ID Card Fees

The fees for a new or replacement state ID are the same:

  • $26: Everyone 61 and younger.
  • Free: Everyone 62 and older.
  • $7: The reduced fee for those with income verification from a government agency.
  • Free: For those who have a newly diagnosed medical condition preventing them from driving, and a note from the doctor.
NOTE: The identification card fees for teens are no different than those for adults.

Getting an ID Card

Remember, to get a state ID card, visit your local CA DMV office where you’ll complete the appropriate form for ID cards, have your photo and thumbprint taken, and pay the applicable fees.

A teen applicant must have both his or her parents or legal guardians sign the identification application, even if they’re divorced (as long as both have custody).

Visitor Comments

No visitor comments posted. Post a comment

Post Comment for "What are the ID card fees in CA?"

To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.

User Opinions

100% thumbs up 0% thumbs down (2 votes)

How would you rate this answer?

Thank you for rating this answer.

DMVAnswers.com (the Site) is a privately owned, for-profit Web site owned by OnlineGURU, Inc. The Site specifically disclaims any and all connection with any state bureau, division, or Department of Motor Vehicles, or any state or federal government agency. DMVAnswers.com does its best to get the correct information but does not claim responsibility for the accuracy of the information displayed herein. It is not complete or certified information. The information provided on DMVAnswers.com is not legal advice, DMVAnswers.com is not a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. Additionally, the Site expressly disclaims any and all liability for third party links or resources on the Site and any claims of negligence arising from same. For official information, please consult your state motor vehicle department.