How do I renew a state ID card in Florida? Florida

Renewing Your Florida Identification Card

No matter if you're a pre-teen, teen, or senior citizen, a state ID card can be a valuable document. But, like a drivers license, it does need to be renewed.
The state allows you to renew your FL ID card in one of two ways: in person at a driver license office or online.

Renew In Person

  1. Go to a drivers license office.
  2. Bring acceptable proof of identification, Social Security number, and residential address.
  3. Pay the $25 renew ID fee.

Renew Online

  1. Go to the Florida GoRenew site.
  2. Follow the instructions provided.
  3. Pay the $25 renew ID fee with a Visa, MasterCard, or American Express card.

Avoid an Expired ID

You must renew your ID every eight years (every four years if you're younger than 14); otherwise, it will expire and no longer be a valid form of identification for teens or any other age group.

Visitor Comments

No visitor comments posted. Post a comment

Post Comment for "How do I renew a state ID card in Florida?"

To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.

User Opinions

100% thumbs up 0% thumbs down (4 votes)

How would you rate this answer?

Thank you for rating this answer.

Continue (the Site) is a privately owned, for-profit Web site owned by OnlineGURU, Inc. The Site specifically disclaims any and all connection with any state bureau, division, or Department of Motor Vehicles, or any state or federal government agency. does its best to get the correct information but does not claim responsibility for the accuracy of the information displayed herein. It is not complete or certified information. The information provided on is not legal advice, is not a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. Additionally, the Site expressly disclaims any and all liability for third party links or resources on the Site and any claims of negligence arising from same. For official information, please consult your state motor vehicle department.