How do I replace a FL ID card? Florida

Replacing Your Florida Identification Card

Getting a duplicate card is an easy process; you can either apply online or in person at your local driver license office.

Replace Online

  1. Visit the GoRenew site.
  2. Select the lost ID card option.
  3. Follow the instructions provided.
  4. Pay the duplicate ID card fee (see below).
NOTE: If you're not a U.S. citizen, you can't apply for a replacement ID card online.

Replace In Person

  1. Go to a Florida driver's license office (appointments are available but not required).
  2. Bring two forms of identification and proof of residence.
  3. Pay the duplicate ID card fee (see below).
NOTE: If you're not a U.S. citizen, you must present proof of legal presence.

Replacement Identification Card Fee

It costs $25 to get a duplicate ID card. However, if your card was stolen and you bring the police report to the driver's license office, you won't be charged a fee for your new card.

ID Card for a Teen

You must be at least five years old to get a FL state ID card.

ID cards are especially popular with teens, as those in this age group often have a need to show photo ID but may be too young to qualify for a drivers license.

Visitor Comments

No visitor comments posted. Post a comment

Post Comment for "How do I replace a FL ID card?"

To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.

User Opinions

100% thumbs up 0% thumbs down (3 votes)

How would you rate this answer?

Thank you for rating this answer.

Continue (the Site) is a privately owned, for-profit Web site owned by OnlineGURU, Inc. The Site specifically disclaims any and all connection with any state bureau, division, or Department of Motor Vehicles, or any state or federal government agency. does its best to get the correct information but does not claim responsibility for the accuracy of the information displayed herein. It is not complete or certified information. The information provided on is not legal advice, is not a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. Additionally, the Site expressly disclaims any and all liability for third party links or resources on the Site and any claims of negligence arising from same. For official information, please consult your state motor vehicle department.