How do I replace a GA ID card? Georgia

Replacing a Lost ID in GA

If you lose your Georgia identification card you'll need to order a duplicate ID in person at any Department of Driver Services (DDS) office. This applies to children, teens, and adults.

When you arrive to apply for your duplicate card, be sure to bring proper ID. You might think this sounds difficult – especially if you’re dealing with a child or teen – but the DDS actually makes it easy.
It will accept either one original identification document from Category A or two original documents from Category B:

Category A

  • Birth certificate (hospital certificates not accepted).
  • Certified birth certificate with raised or impressed seal.
  • Certified birth registration.
  • Certified copy of court records (adoption, name, or sex change).
  • Immigration ID card.
  • Valid passport.
  • Military ID card.
  • Certified naturalization documentation.
  • Non U.S. Citizens - valid passport with valid I-94 card/stamp, or valid resident alien card, or valid employment authorization card.
Category B

  • Original Social Security Card.
  • Certified copy of marriage license.
  • Previous year's income tax return.
  • Current auto, home, life, or health insurance policy.
  • Voter registration card.Current auto registration receipt.
In addition, you'll need cash or a check, money order, or credit card (MasterCard, American Express, Visa, Discover) to pay the $5 duplicate state ID fee.

Visitor Comments

No visitor comments posted. Post a comment

Post Comment for "How do I replace a GA ID card?"

To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.

User Opinions

No users have voted.

How would you rate this answer?

Thank you for rating this answer.

Continue (the Site) is a privately owned, for-profit Web site owned by OnlineGURU, Inc. The Site specifically disclaims any and all connection with any state bureau, division, or Department of Motor Vehicles, or any state or federal government agency. does its best to get the correct information but does not claim responsibility for the accuracy of the information displayed herein. It is not complete or certified information. The information provided on is not legal advice, is not a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. Additionally, the Site expressly disclaims any and all liability for third party links or resources on the Site and any claims of negligence arising from same. For official information, please consult your state motor vehicle department.