Last Updated 21st of May, 2010
How do I replace a GA ID card? Georgia
Replacing a Lost ID in GAIf you lose your Georgia identification card you'll need to order a duplicate ID in person at any Department of Driver Services (DDS) office. This applies to children, teens, and adults.
When you arrive to apply for your duplicate card, be sure to bring proper ID. You might think this sounds difficult – especially if you’re dealing with a child or teen – but the DDS actually makes it easy.
It will accept either one original identification document from Category A or two original documents from Category B:
- Birth certificate (hospital certificates not accepted).
- Certified birth certificate with raised or impressed seal.
- Certified birth registration.
- Certified copy of court records (adoption, name, or sex change).
- Immigration ID card.
- Valid passport.
- Military ID card.
- Certified naturalization documentation.
- Non U.S. Citizens - valid passport with valid I-94 card/stamp, or valid resident alien card, or valid employment authorization card.
- Original Social Security Card.
- Certified copy of marriage license.
- Previous year's income tax return.
- Current auto, home, life, or health insurance policy.
- Voter registration card.Current auto registration receipt.
No visitor comments posted. Post a comment
Post Comment for "How do I replace a GA ID card?"
To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.
No users have voted.
How would you rate this answer?
Thank you for rating this answer.