Last Updated 22nd of May, 2010
How do I replace a NC ID card? North Carolina
Replacing a Lost ID in North CarolinaThe NC DMV gives you two options to apply for a duplicate card: in person or online.
Visit your local DMV office with:
- Proof of identification.
- Proof of North Carolina residency.
- Your Social Security card. If you're ineligible for one, provide proof of legal presence.
- Cash or a check to pay the $10 duplicate ID fee. Credit and debit cards not accepted. Your check must be from a North Carolina bank or an out-of-state bank with NC branches.
You can only use the online option if:
- You have a valid Social Security number or an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) or a U.S. Visa Number on file with the DMV.
- You have your state ID number.
- You have a valid E-mail address.
- You have either a Visa or MasterCard to pay the $10 duplicate ID fee. There is no charge if you're 70 years old or older.
You can find the online application on the North Carolina DMV website.
Why Have an Identification Card?Whether you're a teen or a senior citizen, you're eligible for an ID card provided you don't own an NC drivers license. This photo ID is great to have for airline check-ins, getting into R-rated movies (this applies to teens, of course), passport applications, and cashing checks.
No visitor comments posted. Post a comment
Post Comment for "How do I replace a NC ID card?"
To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.
No users have voted.
How would you rate this answer?
Thank you for rating this answer.