Last Updated 23rd of May, 2010
How do I replace a PA ID card? Pennsylvania
Replacing an ID Card in PennsylvaniaPennsylvania (PA) residents that lose, misplace, or inadvertently destroy their photo identification (ID) cards are eligible to have the lost ID replaced. Residents can also receive a duplicate card if their original ID card was stolen, never arrived to their home address from the PA Bureau of Drivers Licensing, or if they need to change their organ donor status.
The application (Form DL-54B) for a duplicate ID must be completed in person at the nearest Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) service center. You can shorten the amount of time that you spend at the PennDOT service center to get another identification card by completing Form DL-54B before you arrive at the service center.
To do this:
- Visit the PA Online Driver and Vehicle Services website.
- Check the first box “Replacement (Duplicate).”
- Complete Form DL-54B. Fill in your name, street mailing address, telephone number, and email address (if you have one) in section A.
- Indicate the reason that you need the state ID replaced (i.e. you lost the card, you never got the card) in section B.
- Fill in your birth date and indicate whether or not you want to be an organ donor.
- Update your address, name, and eye color changes in section C.
- Provide your Social Security number and your gender.
Take the notarized Form DL-54B back to the nearest PennDOT service center. As a tip, if you get to the service center early, you might be able to avoid waiting in line.
After a PennDOT service center agent calls you (if you are a teen, ask your parent or guardian to accompany you to the agent’s desk), present the completed and notarized Form DL-54B. The agent will review the form and direct you to an area to have your photo taken. Typically it takes fewer than five minutes to receive the new laminated card after the agent calls you forward.
No visitor comments posted. Post a comment
Post Comment for "How do I replace a PA ID card?"
To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.
0% 100% (1 vote)
How would you rate this answer?
Thank you for rating this answer.