How can I correct a mistake on my MVR report or driving record?

If you notice an error on your driving record (also known as an MVR Report) you need to take immediate action. Call your local DMV office. An agent will direct you to the proper department and work on rectifying the error, if, of course, your statement is proven true.

This is not an uncommon problem, so DMV officials are very sensitive to the gravity of the mistake. They fully comprehend that an erroneous DUI conviction, for example, on a driving history report can carry major consequences, causing your insurance premiums to skyrocket and possibly preventing you from getting a job.  

Speeding tickets are the most commonly reported mistakes. Usually the problem stems from a driver enrolling in a traffic school to get a ticket dismissed and then not receiving credit for it. So keep this in mind if you find yourself in this situation.

If the DMV refutes your error claim, you may then want to hire an attorney.


Visitor Comments

No visitor comments posted. Post a comment

Post Comment for "How can I correct a mistake on my MVR report or driving record?"

To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.

User Opinions

No users have voted.

How would you rate this answer?

Thank you for rating this answer.

Continue (the Site) is a privately owned, for-profit Web site owned by OnlineGURU, Inc. The Site specifically disclaims any and all connection with any state bureau, division, or Department of Motor Vehicles, or any state or federal government agency. does its best to get the correct information but does not claim responsibility for the accuracy of the information displayed herein. It is not complete or certified information. The information provided on is not legal advice, is not a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. Additionally, the Site expressly disclaims any and all liability for third party links or resources on the Site and any claims of negligence arising from same. For official information, please consult your state motor vehicle department.