Last Updated 4th of June, 2010
Where can I get a car dealer handbook in TX? Texas
Obtaining the Texas Car Dealer HandbookBecoming a Texas motor vehicle dealer isn't easy. There is an extensive car dealers licensing process for anyone who wishes to own a car dealership and there are many regulations that must be followed in order to maintain a valid auto dealers license.
However, the TX Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) has prepared a handbook to help explain the laws that govern auto dealers in the state. The car dealer handbook covers a variety of topics relating to selling vehicles within the state of Texas.
- Applying for a dealers license.
- Deciding which type of car sales license you need.
- How to move your dealership to a new location.
- Violations that could place your dealer license at risk.
- Proper record keeping procedures for cash sales, financing, and installment plans.
- Vehicle titling for new cars and used cars.
- License plates.
- Auto sales auctions.
- Lemon laws.
You may also request a hard copy of the dealers manual by calling (512) 416-4800. There is no charge to receive the, but you are limited to three copies per order.
No visitor comments posted. Post a comment
Post Comment for "Where can I get a car dealer handbook in TX?"
To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.
No users have voted.
How would you rate this answer?
Thank you for rating this answer.