Last Updated 13th of June, 2010
How do I apply for an AK learners permit? Alaska
Applying for a Learners Permit in AlaskaYou can apply to receive the drivers permit if you:
- Are at least 14 years old.
- If you are under 18 years of age your parents or legal guardians must complete the Parental/Guardian Consent for a Minor form before you can receive your learners permit.
As the person applying for a learners permit, fill in:
- Your first and last name.
- Your contact information (including street address, city, state, zip code).
- Your date of birth.
Provide proof of identity. At least one form of identity must include your photo. Other forms must prove your residency and age. Acceptable identity forms include:
- Social security card (required, not optional)
- School identification card
- Birth certificate (confirms your age)
- Official naturalization or citizenship documents
- Medical insurance card
- Military identification card
- United States Passport
- Utility bill (confirms your residency)
Alaska residents who live in rural areas can complete Form 480 (Application for Remote Area Driver License, Permit or ID Card) and mail it to the Division of Motor Vehicles to receive a written examination in the mail.
Return the completed exam to the address shown on the test form. A clerk at the driver licensing center will score your test and enter the results into the Motor Vehicles database.
Mail Form 480 (to apply to take your written examination via the mail) and your completed written examination to:
State of Alaska
Division of Motor Vehicles
P.O. Box 229
Haines, AK 99827-0229
No visitor comments posted. Post a comment
Post Comment for "How do I apply for an AK learners permit?"
To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.
No users have voted.
How would you rate this answer?
Thank you for rating this answer.