Last Updated 13th of June, 2010
Do I need a MD drivers permit before applying for a Maryland drivers license? Maryland
Maryland Drivers License and Driving PermitA learners permit is required for all new drivers license applicants who have never previously been licensed in another state or country. This applies to all drivers regardless of age.
How to Apply for a Driving PermitTo obtain a learners permit you'll need to visit any MVA office and provide:
- Your Social Security number or proof of ineligibility.
- Proof of age.
- Proof of lawful presence.
- Proof of identity.
- Proof of Maryland residency.
- A completed MD permit application. If you’re younger than 18, it must be signed by a parent or guardian.
- A Learner's Permit School Attendance Certification (Form DL-300), if you’re younger than 16.
- Payment to cover $50 drivers permit fee.
You'll also want to take a practice permit test. The questions on these online practice tests mirror those found on the actual exam, providing a good gauge on whether or not you're test-ready.
No visitor comments posted. Post a comment
Post Comment for "Do I need a MD drivers permit before applying for a Maryland drivers license?"
To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.
No users have voted.
How would you rate this answer?
Thank you for rating this answer.