What do I have to do to get my driving permit?

There is no uniform answer since each state mandates different driving permit requirements. To learn how to apply for a learners permit in your state, visit your state's DMV Web site and look under drivers license. You'll more than likely be directed to a separate page detailing how to obtain a permit with downloadable links to driving permit applications and driver manuals.  

You may find your state requires drivers ed before applying for a permit. If so, don't sweat it. Classes are readily available and conform to all schedules. Courses combine on-road training with classroom instruction, giving you the needed background to pass all required drivers license tests. 

If you're one of those who tenses up during tests, get a feel for what to expect by taking a practice written test. They're readily available online.

Visitor Comments

No visitor comments posted. Post a comment

Post Comment for "What do I have to do to get my driving permit?"

To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.

User Opinions

No users have voted.

How would you rate this answer?

Thank you for rating this answer.

DMVAnswers.com (the Site) is a privately owned, for-profit Web site owned by OnlineGURU, Inc. The Site specifically disclaims any and all connection with any state bureau, division, or Department of Motor Vehicles, or any state or federal government agency. DMVAnswers.com does its best to get the correct information but does not claim responsibility for the accuracy of the information displayed herein. It is not complete or certified information. The information provided on DMVAnswers.com is not legal advice, DMVAnswers.com is not a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. Additionally, the Site expressly disclaims any and all liability for third party links or resources on the Site and any claims of negligence arising from same. For official information, please consult your state motor vehicle department.