How do you replace or renew learners permits in New Mexico? New Mexico

Replacing a Learners Permit

If you lost your drivers permit, you must go to a New Mexico MVD office to replace the permit.

  1. Bring the same documents you brought in to get the license.
  2. Pay the $7 fee.
No appointment is needed, but the MVD recommends Wednesdays and Thursdays as less busy days.

Renewing an Expired Permit

Permits expire in six months. If you have not taken the road test to get a drivers license, then you may renew your driving permit at the MVD office for $7.

  1. Bring the driver’s ed certificate of completion with you.
  2. If you still have not taken drivers ed, you may be required to take the written test. In this case, you should take a practice permit test before going to the NM MVD. This will allow you to refresh your memory regarding traffic rules and how the test will work.

Visitor Comments

No visitor comments posted. Post a comment

Post Comment for "How do you replace or renew learners permits in New Mexico?"

To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.

User Opinions

No users have voted.

How would you rate this answer?

Thank you for rating this answer.

Continue (the Site) is a privately owned, for-profit Web site owned by OnlineGURU, Inc. The Site specifically disclaims any and all connection with any state bureau, division, or Department of Motor Vehicles, or any state or federal government agency. does its best to get the correct information but does not claim responsibility for the accuracy of the information displayed herein. It is not complete or certified information. The information provided on is not legal advice, is not a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. Additionally, the Site expressly disclaims any and all liability for third party links or resources on the Site and any claims of negligence arising from same. For official information, please consult your state motor vehicle department.