Last Updated 17th of June, 2010
How do you replace or renew learners permits in North Carolina? North Carolina
Renew a Learners PermitIn NC, the drivers permit will expire on your 18th birthday. If you are not yet ready to take the drivers license behind-the-wheel test, you may apply for a new permit at a DMV office. You may not renew a permit.
When you head to the DMV, you will have to:
- Show proof of identity.
- Retake the written test to get a new permit. If the last time you took this test was a few years ago, you should take a practice permit test to refresh your memory and study the Driver’s Manual.
Replace a Lost PermitPermits may be replaced by going to a North Carolina DMV office in person or by using an online application.
- Bring two forms of ID with you, such as a state ID, a birth certificate, or a passport. A school ID may also suffice.
- Pay $10.
- Go to the NC DMV website and click on the Duplicate License link.
- Have your Social Security number and your permit number handy.
- Get a PIN from the DMV.
- Pay $10 with Visa or MasterCard.
No visitor comments posted. Post a comment
Post Comment for "How do you replace or renew learners permits in North Carolina?"
To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.
No users have voted.
How would you rate this answer?
Thank you for rating this answer.