Last Updated 17th of June, 2010
How do you replace or renew learners permits in North Carolina? North Carolina
Renew a Learners PermitIn NC, the drivers permit will expire on your 18th birthday. If you are not yet ready to take the drivers license behind-the-wheel test, you may apply for a new permit at a DMV office. You may not renew a permit.
When you head to the DMV, you will have to:
- Show proof of identity.
- Retake the written test to get a new permit. If the last time you took this test was a few years ago, you should take a practice permit test to refresh your memory and study the Driver’s Manual.
Replace a Lost PermitPermits may be replaced by going to a North Carolina DMV office in person or by using an online application.
- Bring two forms of ID with you, such as a state ID, a birth certificate, or a passport. A school ID may also suffice.
- Pay $10.
- Go to the NC DMV website and click on the Duplicate License link.
- Have your Social Security number and your permit number handy.
- Get a PIN from the DMV.
- Pay $10 with Visa or MasterCard.
No visitor comments posted. Post a comment
Post Comment for "How do you replace or renew learners permits in North Carolina?"
To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.
100% 0% (1 vote)
How would you rate this answer?
Thank you for rating this answer.