Last Updated 25th of June, 2010
What documents are required to obtain an Arizona drivers license? Arizona
Arizona Driver License DocumentsBefore you can complete the vision screening, written license test, and driving test needed to obtain an Arizona driver license, you will need to provide documents that prove your identity. This is necessary to maintain accurate records with the AZ Motor Vehicle Division (MVD) and to guard against identity theft.
You typically need two identification documents. At least one must be a primary document. If you do not have one document with a photo, three documents must be provided.
Primary documents must include your date of birth. Examples of primary documents include:
- Drivers license from another state.
- Birth certificate.
- U.S. passport.
- U.S. certificate of citizenship.
- U.S. military identification card.
- W-2 form.
- Concealed weapons permit.
- Credit card.
- Employee ID badge with photo.
- School ID card with photo.
- Court decrees from bankruptcy, adoption, divorce, name change, emancipation, or legal guardianship proceedings.
- Only originals or certified copies are acceptable.
- All documents must be written in English.
- If you are applying for a replacement license due to a name change after marriage or divorce, you must first have your name changed with the Social Security Administration and wait at least two days for their system to be updated before completing the license application process. Additional documents may also be required, please contact the AZ MVD office for details.
Prepare for Your MVD VisitAlthough no appointment is needed to apply for a drivers license, you should be as prepared as possible for each part of the license test. Drivers education can help, but it's also a good idea to study the state’s driver handbook and take a practice test or two.
No visitor comments posted. Post a comment
Post Comment for "What documents are required to obtain an Arizona drivers license?"
To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.
No users have voted.
How would you rate this answer?
Thank you for rating this answer.