Last Updated 23rd of June, 2010
What documents are required to obtain an Arkansas drivers license? Arkansas
Arkansas Driver License DocumentsWhile that's a good question, there isn't a single answer to it.
Arkansas requires different driver license documents for different circumstances. For instance, your age can determine what you'll need to bring (see the ODS site for complete details). So can having recently undergone a name change.
But, this should give you an idea of what to expect.
AR Drivers License Required Documents (All Ages)
- One acceptable proof of U.S. legal presence (such as a valid U.S. passport or birth certificate).
- Two acceptable primary proofs of identity, or one secondary and one primary proof (such as a birth certificate, health insurance card, work ID, or school ID).
- Social Security number or signed affidavit stating you weren't issued a number.
AR Drivers License Required Documents (Younger Than 18)
Besides the documents listed above, you must also provide the following:
- One proof of school enrollment.
- One proof of grade point average of at least 2.0.
Other Drivers License MattersYou don't need an appointment to apply for a license or take any of the tests, including the driving test. Nor do you need to take any drivers education classes before attempting to gain your Arkansas drivers license.
But, before trying the written test, it's a good idea to take a practice test just to be sure you're ready for the official exam.
No visitor comments posted. Post a comment
Post Comment for "What documents are required to obtain an Arkansas drivers license?"
To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.
100% 0% (2 votes)
How would you rate this answer?
Thank you for rating this answer.