I want the fees and how to file for a lost car title.

Fees and procedures vary by state. Begin at your state motor vehicle agency and they will send you on the right path to ordering a duplicate title. It can be very simple or require effort to file for a lost car title. Some states, like California, require you to fill out a request form and pay a fee to get a new copy of the title. Other states, like Missouri, ask that you appear in Circuit Court so the judge can order a new title from the Department of Revenue.

The fee for a new duplicate title is generally around the same price as you pay when you buy a car and get a new copy of the title. This fee can be as little as $4 or around $75, as it is in Florida.

Visitor Comments

No visitor comments posted. Post a comment

Post Comment for "I want the fees and how to file for a lost car title."

To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.

User Opinions

100% thumbs up 0% thumbs down (3 votes)

How would you rate this answer?

Thank you for rating this answer.

DMVAnswers.com (the Site) is a privately owned, for-profit Web site owned by OnlineGURU, Inc. The Site specifically disclaims any and all connection with any state bureau, division, or Department of Motor Vehicles, or any state or federal government agency. DMVAnswers.com does its best to get the correct information but does not claim responsibility for the accuracy of the information displayed herein. It is not complete or certified information. The information provided on DMVAnswers.com is not legal advice, DMVAnswers.com is not a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. Additionally, the Site expressly disclaims any and all liability for third party links or resources on the Site and any claims of negligence arising from same. For official information, please consult your state motor vehicle department.