How do I enroll in traffic school to clear a violation?

State Dependent

Every state works a little differently. But usually, in order to enroll in traffic school to clear a violation, you’ll need to pay a fee at the court and enroll in a state-approved traffic school as provided by the court and your state’s DMV.

The first thing you need to verify before enrolling in traffic school is whether you’re eligible. Generally, you’re eligible to attend traffic school to clear a violation if:
  • You have a valid driver’s license
  • Your ticket is for a moving violation
  • You haven’t already completed traffic school within a specified period of time, usually 18 months or longer.
In any event, either your citation or the court will notify you if you are eligible for traffic school. If you are eligible to attend traffic school, check with the court or the DMV for a list of state-approved traffic schools. Then register online for an approved traffic school and pay the applicable fees.

Once you’ve completed traffic school, you’ll need to submit a proof of completion to the DMV, at which time your violation will be cleared.

Check Your Records

 To make sure a violation has been cleared and does not appear on your driving record, you can order your driving record online. Ordering online is faster and easier than dealing with the DMV and will get you the information you’re looking for.

Visitor Comments

No visitor comments posted. Post a comment

Post Comment for "How do I enroll in traffic school to clear a violation?"

To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.

User Opinions

No users have voted.

How would you rate this answer?

Thank you for rating this answer.

Continue (the Site) is a privately owned, for-profit Web site owned by OnlineGURU, Inc. The Site specifically disclaims any and all connection with any state bureau, division, or Department of Motor Vehicles, or any state or federal government agency. does its best to get the correct information but does not claim responsibility for the accuracy of the information displayed herein. It is not complete or certified information. The information provided on is not legal advice, is not a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. Additionally, the Site expressly disclaims any and all liability for third party links or resources on the Site and any claims of negligence arising from same. For official information, please consult your state motor vehicle department.