How do I update my Oklahoma driver license if I currently have an expired license? Oklahoma

OK Driver License Renewal Procedures

If you have allowed your Oklahoma drivers license to expire, you must apply for a renewal in person at you local Department of Public Safety (DPS) office. The DPS website provides a complete list of testing locations. You can also contact DPS headquarters directly at the following address:

Oklahoma Department of Public Safety
P.O. Box 11415
Oklahoma City, OK 73136
(405) 425-2424

Required Documents and Fees

In addition to your expired license, you must present proof of your legal presence in the U.S. Acceptable documents include, but are not limited to:

  • A certified U.S. birth certificate.
  • Your Social Security card.
  • A certificate of birth abroad.
  • A certificate of naturalization.
  • A valid U.S. passport.
  • A valid foreign passport.
  • An alien registration card.
  • A state-issued ID card.
  • A military ID card.
  • A certified marriage certificate.
A complete list of acceptable documents is available for download on the DPS website. Depending on how long your license has been expired, the license test and driving test may be waived. You will, however, have to pass the vision exam and pay the $21.50 driver license fee.

Penalties for Driving Illegally

Driving with expired license could result in a traffic ticket, vehicle impoundment, or license suspension.

Reinstate License Process

Suspended licenses are reinstated, as opposed to renewed. Reinstatement procedures depend on the nature of the violation and terms of suspension. Contact your local DPS office if your license is suspended.

Visitor Comments

No visitor comments posted. Post a comment

Post Comment for "How do I update my Oklahoma driver license if I currently have an expired license?"

To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.

User Opinions

50% thumbs up 50% thumbs down (2 votes)

How would you rate this answer?

Thank you for rating this answer.

Continue (the Site) is a privately owned, for-profit Web site owned by OnlineGURU, Inc. The Site specifically disclaims any and all connection with any state bureau, division, or Department of Motor Vehicles, or any state or federal government agency. does its best to get the correct information but does not claim responsibility for the accuracy of the information displayed herein. It is not complete or certified information. The information provided on is not legal advice, is not a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. Additionally, the Site expressly disclaims any and all liability for third party links or resources on the Site and any claims of negligence arising from same. For official information, please consult your state motor vehicle department.