Will a drivers license status check tell me whether I need to renew or if my license is suspended?

A drivers license status check only gives you current information about the drivers license: whether it is valid, suspended, or expired.  It may also tell you when it expires. A status check is available for free from many states online or by phone; usually, you have to have the driver’s license number, social security number, address of record, and phone number. Some states, like Washington and West Virginia, only require the driver’s license number. California asks you to fill out a form and pay a $5 fee.

For a full history of your drivers license status, order a driving record. This will tell you when a suspended license can be reinstated and when it became suspended. A record also explains how many points you have.

Visitor Comments

No visitor comments posted. Post a comment

Post Comment for "Will a drivers license status check tell me whether I need to renew or if my license is suspended?"

To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.

User Opinions

47% thumbs up 52% thumbs down (19 votes)

How would you rate this answer?

Thank you for rating this answer.

DMVAnswers.com (the Site) is a privately owned, for-profit Web site owned by OnlineGURU, Inc. The Site specifically disclaims any and all connection with any state bureau, division, or Department of Motor Vehicles, or any state or federal government agency. DMVAnswers.com does its best to get the correct information but does not claim responsibility for the accuracy of the information displayed herein. It is not complete or certified information. The information provided on DMVAnswers.com is not legal advice, DMVAnswers.com is not a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. Additionally, the Site expressly disclaims any and all liability for third party links or resources on the Site and any claims of negligence arising from same. For official information, please consult your state motor vehicle department.