Do I have to take drivers ed or driver training to get a Wyoming driver license? Wyoming

WY Driver Training Requirements

No, you don't have to complete a drivers education course to apply for a Wyoming drivers license.

However, if you pass a WY DOT-approved driver training course, you may be able to skip the driving test. Also, if you haven't completed a driver training course and are younger than 17 years old, you won't be eligible for full driving privileges.

Take a Practice Test

One way to prepare for your written license test is by taking a practice test, available through multiple sources online. Many feel it helps reinforce the information learned from the Wyoming driver license handbook, and facilitates easier recall on test day.

Other WY Driver Training Issues

Have some lingering questions about drivers ed programs? Call the DOT at (307) 777-4375 to find your answers.

Visitor Comments

No visitor comments posted. Post a comment

Post Comment for "Do I have to take drivers ed or driver training to get a Wyoming driver license?"

To post a comment for this article, simply complete the form below. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.

User Opinions

No users have voted.

How would you rate this answer?

Thank you for rating this answer.

Continue (the Site) is a privately owned, for-profit Web site owned by OnlineGURU, Inc. The Site specifically disclaims any and all connection with any state bureau, division, or Department of Motor Vehicles, or any state or federal government agency. does its best to get the correct information but does not claim responsibility for the accuracy of the information displayed herein. It is not complete or certified information. The information provided on is not legal advice, is not a lawyer referral service, and no attorney-client or confidential relationship is or should be formed by use of the site. Additionally, the Site expressly disclaims any and all liability for third party links or resources on the Site and any claims of negligence arising from same. For official information, please consult your state motor vehicle department.